6.22.2007

Cannas in June


Cannas in June
Originally uploaded by txstitchermom.

Too bad it's not Cannes in June!! (VBG)

The water plants are just to the left of these cannas, also begun from a gift of two from the Master Gardeners' conference so long ago.

Cannas are such incredibly beautiful flowers. They come in a deep blood red, and also these fabulous yellow and orange blooms. The fluted petals are that gorgeous yellow, with dark orange centers.

As you can see, these are now in a clump which I'll have to separate before their next bloom season. Again, these winters...!!!!!

I have been experimenting with some fabrics to try to capture the brilliance of these blossoms. The buds are reminescent of Birds-of-Paradise. I'd love to get my hands on a few BoPs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hah! I was a canna on the QA list thingy! LOL!
Hope you haven't sprouted webbed feet, milady!
Hugs,
Rain