5.26.2008

HMMMM...

I was thinking about things in the last couple of days. And I, well, sometimes we all say life gets in the way. But I'm committed to my work. I guess most of the times why I do not always show my work is because it is, on the personal parts of it, not positive. And as we all know, hand-work is not fast.

One of the artists that I most admire is Bean Gilsdorf. One of my favorite pieces is her birds and guns.

Guns and life are intertwined. In my opinion, guns are not bad or evil or whatever. I was a hunter, and I shot birds for food. But I also focus some of my work on birds.

So what I'm saying, I guess, is that I like Bean's work. And I don't think guns are evil, per se. And I do think that people need to keep open minds about human beings and animal beings, and to just not be judgmental generally.

Who are we to make a statement???

Be open. Be aware! And I'll be back!!

No comments: