- Garment Construction Tips, such as how to construct a no-slide shoulder strap, put a bead behind that button, and many more;
- Choosing and Using Notions Tips, like how to mark thread spools to remember settings or dental tools for sewing;
- Hand Sewing Tips for clipping threads on airplanes or one-stitch buttons;
- Design and Embellishment Tips -- did you know that you can cut fleece strips on the cross-grain to make great cord trim, or that there really IS a safe way to sew beaded fringe?!;
- in their Pattern and Layout Tips section, you can learn how to trace a pattern vertically;
- and in Fitting Tips, there are eight very on-time sets of instructions for better fitting garments.
FREE and FUN (Well, ALL my posts are fun...!!!)
ok, in addition to my Freebie section there on my sidebar, there are some times that I will want to bring special attention to a particular tutorial, tip, or whatever. Today, the spotlight goes on the Taunton site, home of the fabulous Threads magazine.
For instance, illustrated above is the front page for a fabulous tutorial on fabric knot buttons and beads which can be found here. The tutorial gives excellent instructions for five different styles of buttons or beads. Pics of my efforts do not yet appear for an obvious yet unmentioned reason. oh alright I'm not happy with the results yet!!!
Also on the Threads Tips and Tutorials page are:
Now a lot of this information, of course, is most appropriate for garment construction; however, especially from the Design and Embellishment Tips section, there are a LOT of cool suggestions that can be incorporated into many other of the textile/fiber areas.
Go check it out -- you won't be disappointed!